Monday, March 22, 2010

"A Cat has Nine Lives" for braveheart Women by Debra Hadraba #19

Welcome to Honor Your Truth... "Is It True?" Series Episode Nineteen "A Cat has Nine Lives" I had a cat, but now he lives with Lonnie. Lonnie is a pistol packin, weed smokin carney that got busted. She came out of prison reformed and reborn. This 5 ft fireball, also known as Mama Lion, is a Christian and the first one to tell you so. She lives across the street from me in a house busting at the seams with all kinds of figurines. She fed my cat Joey just like she does all the other critters and birds in the neighborhood. One day, he went over there and he never came back. Whether it was the canned food, or the fact that I was always out of town, I dont know, but I never argued with this arrangement. He seemed so happy living with her and I could barely take care of a plant. I listened to story after story while sitting in her kitchen table. She brews a mean cup of coffee so I always make sure I havent had any coffee at all before I go for a visit. Her tablecloth is vinyl with little yellow flowers and she always uses cups and saucers. To be sure, she is one of the very few saucer users left in my town. People just arent saucer users anymore. I dont know where that tradition has gone, but everything has gotten so big and so fast. She has little spoons, chocolate treats, and coffee that will make you stutter. At some point in the conversation, I feel my hair stand on end and Im sweating. By this time, Im confused and not sure if its her stories or her coffee anymore. You ...

Proxima Projector